Breaking Down What Functional Medicine Can Do for You
Patients often ask, “What is functional medicine? And how does it compare to traditional medicine?” These are both valid questions, and ones that come up more and more as functional medicine gains in popularity with patients looking for natural alternatives.
When you think of functional medicine, think “better.” Better, as in feeling better, looking better, and most importantly, functioning better. That is the core of what functional medicine aims to do by addressing the root cause of the issue – not just the symptoms. The difference between functional medicine and traditional medicine is that we use all-natural, holistic methods to accomplish the health goals of our patients. That can apply to weight loss, correcting nutrient deficiency, joint pain/immobility, and improving sex drive just to name a few.
Treatments Offered with Functional Medicine
At this point, you’re probably wondering what specific treatments are available to you in the realm of functional medicine. Here is a breakdown of some of the most popular and common varieties of treatment offered.
- Hormone therapy: Unfortunately, sometimes the human body can have an imbalance of hormones that can lead to several issues that affect our wellbeing. Some of the most common conditions include sexual dysfunction, mood swings, depression, or other related issues that make a person feel off or unlike themselves. More often than not, this happens later in life when hormone production in some people can start to wane, which leads to the deficiency. Using hormone therapy, functional medicine can offset this deficiency by reintroducing the correct hormones in precise amounts, allowing a person to get back to their normal, healthy selves again. For those struggling with sex/intimacy issues, sexual dysfunction treatments are available for both men and women.
- Medical weight loss: In the United States, roughly two out of every three Americans is considered overweight or obese. That means the majority of the country is struggling with weight issues, and even with all the health information and resources we have today, it’s still an uphill battle. When it comes to achieving a healthy weight, there’s not a one-size-fits all solution. Some people require a more personal approach to their weight loss, which is where functional medicine comes in. That entails designing a healthy eating plan that is perfectly tailored to you and your body’s unique composition. The goal is to get you to lose weight without having to feel like you’re constantly starving or low on energy.
- IV Therapy: Intravenous therapy (IV therapy, for short) can be used for those suffering from dehydration, illness, medical emergency, or nutrient deficiency. It can even be used for morning sickness associated with pregnancy or hangovers. Regardless of what you need IV therapy for, it’s been proven to be an effective way of delivering essential vitamins, minerals, and other medications directly to the bloodstream so they have an immediate effect. It’s also easy, convenient, and relatively painless.
Functional Medicine Has Proven Benefits
Functional medicine offers patients a wide variety of health benefits, which is why more and more people are turning to it as an alternative to traditional medicine. Depending on the treatment you receive for your particular issue, you can expect any the following:
- Increased sexual desire and/or sexual function via hormone therapy for men and women
- Increased energy and improved mood
- A stronger immune system with fewer infections and illnesses
- Healthy, natural weight loss
- Less anxiety
- Better skin, hair, and nails
- Greater mobility and less pain in the joints
Schedule Your Appointment with Regain Functional Medicine Today!
There is no reason to look or feel anything less than your best self. If you’re finally ready to try proven natural methods for your health issues, reach out to the team Regain Functional Medicine and schedule an appointment. Our doctors will get to the root cause of your issue and devise a treatment plan that is both safe and completely specific to you and your needs.
We have locations in Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee, Lenexa, Lawrence, Leawood, and Manhattan, KS. Simply give us a call at (913) 444-6721 to speak with a member of our medical staff today. We know the concept of functional medicine is new to a lot of patients, so we look forward to answering your questions and getting you the treatment that you deserve.