Erectile Dysfunction (or ED) is a condition in which a male is having trouble getting and keeping an erection as well as reduced sexual performance and desire.
Many men of all ages suffer from ED. As men age, they are more likely to experience symptoms of ED.
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by many factors, including unhealthy lifestyle habits, health conditions, emotional or physical stress, medication, and much more. The good thing is that some of these symptoms can be managed by using an all-natural remedy.
Ways to naturally relieve symptoms of ED include:
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture can help release hormones and improve circulation. This is a method of healing by stimulating specific points on the body by inserting fine needles.
- Exercise and Healthy Diet: Being physically active daily, or as much as possible can increase your sexual performance as well as your overall health. Better blood circulation from routine exercise can decrease the symptoms associated with erectile dysfunction as well as keeping a well-balanced diet and healthy body weight.
- Sleep: Poor sleep habits can contribute to symptoms of ED. Testosterone levels can increase during a good night’s sleep. Having a healthy sleep pattern can help the body regulate the release of certain hormones that will, in turn, help to improve sexual function.
- Limit Alcohol and Quit Smoking: Limiting unhealthy habits, including drinking or smoking cigarettes, can help have a positive effect on patients suffering from ED symptoms. Doing this can increase your sexual performance. Smoking can narrow important blood vessels causing the blood supply to the penis to become restricted. The central nervous system releases nitric oxide. Nitric Oxide is responsible for producing and keeping an erection.
- Herbal Remedies such as Panax Ginseng, Rhodiola Rosea, L-Arginine: There are many herbal remedies believed to improve the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. Red Ginseng and Pomegranate juice help the body to increase nitric oxide for improved blood flow and contain antioxidants that can help prevent atherosclerosis.
Drinking alcohol can cause the nervous system stress and decrease the release of these chemicals, thus resulting in low sexual performance.
Rhodiola Rosea can help improve energy and reduce fatigue. L-arginine is an amino acid that is proven to help make nitric oxide, therefore relaxing the blood vessels to achieve a healthy erection.
In most cases, making any positive and healthy changes to your lifestyle can help result in better sexual performance. Exercise and having a well-balanced diet can aid in the decrease of symptoms of ED.
Erectile dysfunction is very common and treatable. Have support from a care provider or loved one that can help you choose what natural remedy best suits you. Be sure to consult with your doctor before starting any new regiment.